The Business Development Specialist position allows the employee to enjoy a work-life balance that includes:
- Flexible Schedule – Hours are flexible and may include evening networking events.
- Work From Home – Approximately 1/3 of the work is performed from a home office with remaining time meeting referral sources in the region.
- Earnings Potential – Hourly compensation with an annual bonus incentive.
- Career Development – Employees can work part-time and still have the opportunity for challenging work in sales and relationship management. For CPAs, Bookminders’ training programs are accredited for continuing professional education.
- Create and maintain referral relationships with CPA firms (does not require proposing or closing new business)
- Build referral network by in person meetings and over the phone communication
- Participate in networking events
- Maintain proprietary data base with referral relation activities
- Work under the direction of and strategically collaborate with the Director of Business Development
- Provide weekly, monthly and annual performance reports
- Desire to work 15 to 30 hours per week with half the time working from home
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Proven record of successful relationships with CPA firms
- Must have existing relationships within the metro Philadelphia or Pittsburgh CPA markets
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and ambitious
- Mature and self-confident
- Effective time management skills and a strong work ethic
- Separate, dedicated home office space with high-speed internet connection
- Must have own transportation for travel in the Metro-Philadelphia or Pittsburgh areas
To apply for this position you must live near Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.
Qualified candidates will be invited to an Open House to learn more about working for Bookminders and will also be asked to complete our employment testing.