Understanding Small Business Financial Statements
Learn how to better read and understand your financial statements. Also learn the measures that managers typically use to analyze the performance of their business.
- Accounting terminology
- Understand a Balance Sheet
- Understand an Income Statement
Understanding Nonprofit Financial Statements
Nonprofit accounting has its own unique language. Learn nonprofit accounting terms and how to read nonprofit financial statements. Review nonprofit financial performance measures.
- Nonprofit accounting terminology
- Revenue recognition rules
- Nonprofit performance measures
Designing & Mining QuickBooks for Small Businesses
QuickBooks can be configured to accommodate many different business types and industries. Learn how to set up QuickBooks to meet the needs of your business. Also learn the intricacies of the QuickBooks reporting system and how to extract the information you need from this powerful management information system.
- Profit center reporting
- Time and expense tracking
- Retail sales
- Create management reports
- Create a budget
- Track projects/jobs/departments
Designing & Mining QuickBooks for Nonprofits
Design your QuickBooks system to meet the complex needs of your nonprofit. Set up your accounting for grants, restricted funds, programs, and fundraisers. Also, learn the intricacies of the QuickBooks’ reporting system and how to extract the information you need from this powerful management information system.
- Track programs and funds
- Meet reporting requirements
- Donor and membership revenue tracking
- Create program and grant reports
- Report sources and use of funds
- Create useful Board reports
Get your finances in order using a basic “spreadsheet” bookkeeping system. Receive step-by-step instructions for paying bills, recording revenues, and tracking the checkbook balance.
- Bookkeeping tips and terminology
- Basic accounting principles
- Building financial statements
Avoid the common financial pitfalls that beset small businesses. Receive practical advice about recordkeeping, security, reporting, financial tools, controls and outsourcing.
- Basic bookkeeping tips
- Best practices
- Proper financial controls